• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why am I intrigued by this Kenwood receiver?

Register to hide this ad
Radio pre-set buttons!!!! Wasn't this era the advent of digital tuners and radio pre-sets for receivers?

That Kenwood looks very Yamaha-like to me, for some reason.
 
Only $30 for the receiver -and- speakers and you're here asking questions instead of on your way to get it ???
 
I asked the seller these questions.

Hi,
I am mostly interested in the receiver but could take all if the receiver is in good condition.

Can you tell me if there are any scratches or worn lettering on the receiver?

Do all of the lights and displays work on the receiver?
Do both channels of the receiver work as they should?

Could you send me some better pics of the receiver?

Thanks for your time.

Rob

Here is the reply, with no pics.

"it works fine".

The price is right, but I still like the gear I buy to be in very good physical condition.

Rob
 
Dude, that thing looks absolutely beefy. I'd be on that like white on rice. I imagine it sounds fantastic.
 
Go grab that! I have a KR-720 on my desk at work, it's a very nice piece of equipment.

That is the TOTL model from that line of kenwood receivers. Made from 1981 to 1982.

It has if I remember correctly 90wpc at 8ohms. This is the successor to my KR-770 which was TOTL from 1980 to 1981.

I believe that's right. The 8050 and 9050 stayed in the line until the introduction of the Galaxy Commander. Not sure why Kenwood carried over the two older units instead of designing a monster for the 7x0 line.
 
It's $30, do you really think the seller's going to be taking pictures and giving long, detailed answers?
 
It's $30, do you really think the seller's going to be taking pictures and giving long, detailed answers?

I do.:yes:

So yes, if he wants to sell it now, he will. I guess he doesn't.
The ad has been up for a while.

I wont drive 30 or 40 miles round trip to find out the face and knobs are all scratched up.

I have given better replies to questions on things I listed for free.
And I know I am not alone here.

Though, I would like to throw about 100 watts at those speakers to see what they do.


Rob
 
Some of the early 80's receicers were quite attractive.Thats when I came of age stereowise and lusted after quite a few models.Didn't know at the time the quality was headed downhill.
 
Back
Top Bottom