• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why am I logged out everytime

IMF_Pioneer

Super Member
Hi all !

For some strange reason every time I open up this site I have been logged out even though I have ticked the "Stay logged In" option and have to re-log in.

This issue is only happening with this site and all other sites I'm on stay logged in,

Any Ideas ??
 
Register to hide this ad
For the site owners (or whoever). For me it only happens on this site and it only happens when I use Windows 11 (with Chrome or Edge). With Ubuntu 22 and Firefox I stay logged in. I bet the bug doesn't happen for people using an older version of Windows.
 
Only happens to me when link starts with http:audiokarma.org instead of https:audiokarma.org. Check your browser address window.

Cheers - I think that solved the issue for me. Chrome was showing "not secure" before the URL, so I assume it doesn't allow cookies to be written to the local drive in that case. From clicking on the "not secure" bit I couldn't figure out how to tell Chrome to allow cookies for this site, but changing the http to https using the Bookmark Manager seems to have solved the issue.
 
Happens to me from time to time but only once a month or so. I'm on Windows 11 so I don't think it's an OS bug, more likely some undocumented weird network setting, Microsoft style. I would take a look at Edge settings and see if one of the "efficiency" features is misconfigured.
 
My Firefox bookmark started with https. Chrome hides the http-https stuff from you. You can only see it through the Bookmark Manager.
 
For me, as long as I'm on the Internet, even at other sites, and come back here, it recognizes me. When I first get on the Internet, or get off and on, and come here, I have to go through the login routine each time. Cookies are enabled. I did change the http to https and still have the same problem. I run Windows7 Pro and Chrome.
Below is the URL for this thread and note it is in https, yet the problem presists.

"https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/why-am-i-logged-out-everytime.1032040/"
 
For me, as long as I'm on the Internet, even at other sites, and come back here, it recognizes me. When I first get on the Internet, or get off and on, and come here, I have to go through the login routine each time. Cookies are enabled. I did change the http to https and still have the same problem. I run Windows7 Pro and Chrome.
Below is the URL for this thread and note it is in https, yet the problem presists.

"https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/why-am-i-logged-out-everytime.1032040/"

Try ditching the www. It's simply not needed 99% of the time these days, and it's definitely not needed on AK:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/why-am-i-logged-out-everytime.1032040/
 
Happens to me quite often on my IPad. I’m guessing will be fixed after the long weekend. Not sure which long weekend, but it should be fixed eventually :biggrin::rolleyes:
 
Back
Top Bottom