• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why does everyone recommend Turntableneedles.com?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
Subscriber
Everytime I've seen someone ask where they can get a stylus they get sent to Turntableneedles.com

Is the Stereo needles lady trustworthy?

Here's her site http://www.stereoneedleslady.com/servlet/StoreFront

She has my needle for half the price Turntableneedles.com wants.
She has 99.9% feedback rating on fleabay too.

No, I'm not her, don't know her, etc... I'm just curious and like paying 1/2 price :yes:
 
Register to hide this ad
if it's a genuine stylus, buy it~

Exactly. But make sure you are getting the exact same thing from each vendor.

That being said, there is no reason to mistrust the Needle Lady. I have bought from her several times with good results.

I will also vouch for Turntable Needles/Turntable Belts. Last week, I needed belts for an old cassette deck and ordered them on Tuesday. I had them by Friday. I would say that's excellent service.

Doug
 
Last edited:
I can't find any good info on Pfanstiehl but I bought it already so Yay, LPs by the weekend mehopes
 
I can't find any good info on Pfanstiehl but I bought it already so Yay, LPs by the weekend mehopes

Pfanstiehl is an after market supplier. What they make are not necessarily the same as the manufacturer. That is why ryuuoh said, "original needle."
 
I buy only original manufacturer styli except for Jico. Some Pfanstiehl is repackaged genuine original styli, their cheaper ones are not originals.
 
Yeah watch out for Pfanstiehl. They make a "replacement" for my Acutex M315 which is supposed to be Shibata except theirs is conical.
 
I buy only original manufacturer styli except for Jico. Some Pfanstiehl is repackaged genuine original styli, their cheaper ones are not originals.

You must be careful. I bought a aftermarket Pfanstiel--once. A ruined LP (and $48 for the stylus) later and a lesson learned. I don't think Steve deals with Pfanstiel, just JICO, I could be wrong. Original or good replacements such as JICO will cost more, your choice.
 
Here's The Best Info I Can Give You On Pfanstiehl....

I can't find any good info on Pfanstiehl but I bought it already so Yay, LPs by the weekend mehopes

There really isn't any. That's because Phanstiehl styli are kind of all over the map in terms of quality. The reason for this is that Pfanstiehl didn't make styli. They were a re-packager.

Sometimes they were repackaging OEM styli and sometimes generics. Their numbering system lets you know - at least in some cases, maybe all - what you're buying. Pfanstiehl stuck a "4" in front of the number if it was a generic. For example, an OEM Shure M91E would be a 761-DE (or sometimes *761-DE) and a generic replacement would be a 4761-DE.

With the generics you're taking your chances. Some are okay and some aren't. That's about all I know.

John
 
It's advertised as: Pfanstiehl 365-DS73, EV 2622DS, 2620D, Astatic N307-sd

No 4 involved in any way so it must be original yay.

Here's the picture at the ad

!Bm3R0IgBGk~$(KGrHqMOKiMEtlDM2+q5BLhLvo7Vn!~~_35.JPG


also does this help? "365 Tips: .0007 diamond and 3 mil synthetic sapphire."

Thanks for the info :)

EDIT - I bought it at 1:30 this AM and it shipped @ ~noon :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom