lizard84
Abider
Why are a lot using DSD128 vs DSD64?
DSD seems to add euphoric distortion that is pleasing to the ear, one could argue much like using a tube preamp like I am using, looking at the wave forms 64 seems to have the most so why 128 or 256?
Just curious, I'm still not sold on converting of PCM to DSD but I do see some DSD downloads out there, one site, Acoustic Sounds has a good bit of DSD 2.8MHz/64 that is just not obscure classical or ensemble. http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&searchtext=dsd
Anybody deal with them, are these company's converting from masters?
I ran across David Elias's site, he is recording his folk in DSD64, I downloaded some samples and like his music and it sounded great
Bottom line, this is another format that I want to add to the library even if I don't do a whole-scale conversion of my PCM content.
Please take this opportunity to school me in all things DSD.
My real name is Bob by the way, looking forward to hearing from you.
DSD seems to add euphoric distortion that is pleasing to the ear, one could argue much like using a tube preamp like I am using, looking at the wave forms 64 seems to have the most so why 128 or 256?
Just curious, I'm still not sold on converting of PCM to DSD but I do see some DSD downloads out there, one site, Acoustic Sounds has a good bit of DSD 2.8MHz/64 that is just not obscure classical or ensemble. http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&searchtext=dsd
Anybody deal with them, are these company's converting from masters?
I ran across David Elias's site, he is recording his folk in DSD64, I downloaded some samples and like his music and it sounded great
Bottom line, this is another format that I want to add to the library even if I don't do a whole-scale conversion of my PCM content.
Please take this opportunity to school me in all things DSD.
My real name is Bob by the way, looking forward to hearing from you.
Last edited: