• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why so expensive?

yddet12

Active Member
Our family recently bought a pair of Model Six bookshelf speakers from Amazon.com when they were on sale (originally $150, I think they were close to $100 then). When I checked back recently at Amazon, however, they were selling for $345!!! The Cambridge Soundworks website still sells them for $150, so I see no reason for the huge price increase, unless they have suddenly become extremely rare or collectible. Does anyone know any reasons why they might be so expensive? For example, maybe they suddenly became collectible and I missed the news?

Cambridge Soundworks website ($150):
http://cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=spk_bookshelf&item=53CW0115AA000

Amazon.com ($345.99):
http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Sou...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232568023&sr=8-1
 
Register to hide this ad
Not rare, just that Action Packaged has them marked up quite a bit. Another Amazon supplier has them for $169.00. It just depends who the source vendor is selling through Amazon at the time.

Regards,
Mike
 
Back
Top Bottom