• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why the new "LOUDNESS CRAZE" in digital mastering really robs music of life

exactly. Provided its the musicians choice and they feel its the best way to express said album.

I remember the first time I heard TDS (1996, original stereo recording) - cranked up off a boom box, I was in another room. Somewhere during the last 1/3rd of "Mr Self Destruct", I thought the house was falling apart. Never again did I get that same feeling until I had the "remastered 5.1 release".

When the goal is to achieve those feelings, its a beautiful thing.

When trying to recreate an atmosphere inaccurately, it's highly ineffective.

All IMHO.

Turn that Music Down! :lmao:
 
To my ears, the new Bruce Springsteen is horribly mastered. Of coarse that is just the lossless files I d/l to check it out. I will have to actually borrow a friend's cd to compare. If the cd sounds like the lossless files, then there is no way I would buy it.
Does anybody have the vinyl to the new Boss album? and how does it compare to the cd?
 
Back
Top Bottom