• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wild mods on Dynaco ST70

Here's the Canadian version of stupid, presently on sale on the idiot-mart:

3439981-df9f382a-dynaco-stereo-70-updated.jpg

Yeah, because ridiculously large caps fix everything, right? :rolleyes:

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Large caps and SS diodes might improve PS regulation. I wonder what else he did? Maybe a delay to protect the decoupling caps?

Jack
 
It looks like he took part of the power supply outboard. I never found my own ST-70 in need of more filtering. My only complaint is that it runs hot as a skillet.

Use for Tube amps.jpg
 
I see no rectifier tube, and there isn't a chance one would survive driving into caps that big anyway. On some level the regulation is going to be limited by what the power transformer is capable of. I imagine it gets a bit toasty if its got no drop resistor though, the peak current to charge those monsters would be significant.
 
Back
Top Bottom