• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Will the G-8000 sell for more than the G-8700DB?

Robisme

Sansui Enthusiast
Subscriber
I have been watching these auctions to see how high they would go, and I must say, I am shocked at both.

$600 for a G-8700DB?

What do you think? Will this G-8000 sell for more, or less?

I was watching because I have a G-8000 and a G-871DB(black faced G-8700DB).

This is getting crazy, and I like it.

Rob
 
Register to hide this ad
I like it too! Every Sansui receive is going up. My hunch is these are going back overseas.

You should post pics of your G-871db. Those are hot.
 
I've been watching that G-8000 auction too.
Maybe it's just the angle of the main photo, but when I saw that I said "that is one SWEET looking piece of gear."
I have no intentions of buying it, but I absolutely LOVE the styling of that receiver.
 
I like it too! Every Sansui receive is going up. My hunch is these are going back overseas.

You should post pics of your G-871db. Those are hot.

Here are both.

100_2960.jpg


Rob
 
The G-8700DB went for $600 and the G-8000 is still sitting at $530.

Amazing how the seller claimed the 8700 as a 500 watt receiver!

Rob: I really like the black faced version.

Dave: Guess I should have jumped on that one for $250!!!
.
 
Wow! Neither are TOTL and the G-8700DB isn't as well built as the previous G-8000. I guess most of them are in Vietnam or someplace like that now so scarcity is driving them up.
 
The G-8700DB went for $600 and the G-8000 is still sitting at $530.

Amazing how the seller claimed the 8700 as a 500 watt receiver!

Rob: I really like the black faced version.

Dave: Guess I should have jumped on that one for $250!!!
.
I wish I had a dollar for every uninformed/clueless seller that confused power consumption with power output.
If I had gotten all those dollars from the clueless (one at a time lol)I probably would try to get the G-8000.
 
The G-871DB pictured above is also good looking though I would rather not have the digital tuning station indicator.
What is the pink/purple circular icon by the digital station readout?
Anyone know the width of the G-8000?
With the speaker connections on the side I'm not sure it would fit in my rack.
 
Thanks ymarko!
It would be tight in my rack although I suppose I could cut a hole in an upright to run speaker cables through.
I'm not really looking to buy a new receiver, but I've learned to never say never.
I sure do like the looks of the G-8000 and it's the same amount of power I have now so it would be a lateral move.
I just looked, the G-8000 auction ended at $580.
 
It would be tight in my rack although I suppose I could cut a hole in an upright to run speaker cables through.

There is a track along the bottom endge of the receiver that the wires tuck into.

Yes, the G-8000 ended less than some expected.

Rob
 
Back
Top Bottom