• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

WIMA cap lead length

Bradbrews

Super Member
What’s the secret to decoding what lead length will be on the WIMA caps you order?
The data sheets seem to show both types and the last few digits of the part numbers don’t seem to be giving me the clues I need.
I want to use these to replace some old axial electrolytics and the long leads are necessary.
7E92AAEF-66B3-4EE5-9548-00CDD3027DDD.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
Here's what I found for MKS2. Last two digits of datasheet part number indicate lead length. Not sure if it's the same for other versions, but I'd expect so. Highlighted P1 is what you should look for.

Wima.JPG
 
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for 1uf 63v, and 2uf greater than 150V (I suspect I can go to 2.2 uf though)
So, I probably should stay away from Bulk packaging, and ideally the last two characters should be P1.
I should avoid the "SD" and "C9".
What is the "00" taped with "none" listed at the lead length? SMD?
 
Also - would it be correct to assume that Roll, Ammo, and Reel packaging are all on tape, and hence will have longer leads?
Seems to make sense.

Yes. I guess that I didn't write very clearly above.

1µF/63vdc is easy.
https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/WIMA/MKS2C041001F00JI00?qs=sJjjjplDs9vLv9X5zHW20g==

2µF greater than 150vdc with long leads will be hard to find. 2.2µF will have a wider selection but long leads will be hard to find with Wima in that voltage.

Panasonic makes a very nice ECWF series cap in 2.2µF/250vdc with long leads but they are backordered at Mouser.
https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/Panasonic/ECW-F2225JA?qs=GoZnPdyRfjaMv23tZi287A==
I can confirm that the 667-WCW-F2225JA version of this series has long leads. Ones with different lettered suffixes may not.

Cheers,
James
 
Thanks those are great options and I can use axial caps. I think I’ll go WIMA for the 1uf and an axial for the 2uf.
 
Is it absolutely necessary to order film caps in either "reel" or "ammo pack"? Is that the only way to receive them with long leads? I have a few that are only available as "bulk" from Mouser and want to ensure I have enough lead length to install correctly.

- MKS2C043301K00JSSD (only bulk in stock)
- MKS2C041501H00JSSD (only bulk in stock)
- MKS2C041001F00JSSD (available in all types, in cart as "bulk")
- MKS2C034701CJSSD (available in all types, in cart as "bulk")
 
Last edited:
I have mounted the ones with short leads on the backside of the board before where the solder pads are. It works out fine as long as there is room.
 
Back
Top Bottom