• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wireless JVC Speakers

almalo

almalo
I picked up 2 JVC- Sp-A100RF wireless speakers for $5 at a yardsale. I have no experience with wireless speakers and these did not have the transmitter. I can not find much info online, does anyone know a contact site that may have the transmitter? Will another 900 mhz transmitter work?
 
Register to hide this ad
900 mHz is 900 mHz...

Howdy, almalo...from my experience, another 900mHz trans mitter will work........

Usually the X-mitter, and /or the speakers (receiver) have fine tuning knobs on them to dial-in reception........

Two common brands you may encounter are Audiovox/ Recoton, or RCA.....Advent had one also..........any of these should work....I've seen lots of these at thrift stores and garage sales......Also, if you find one bundled with headphones, it's the same thing.....

Good Luck.....willhowl:thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Visuals will help...

Hey, almalo....I had a little time, so I looked around some......if you go to eBxx and Amazon, and put into the search window... "AR wireless speakers".....then put in RCA WS, and Advent WS......You should see some pictures of the transmitter units.....

They are small, and come in a couple of shapes....one I see a lot of is the Recoton/AR type....It's a little box, about 4" X 4" with a "flying saucer" on a pedestal on top ......The saucer can move up and down a little bit....it's the antenna part, I reckon.....Some AR units are more like a hockey puck with a slice taken off the back, where a short, stubby antenna flips up for use......

All these are marked pretty well....some have a pair of RCA jacks for stereo input, some use a 1/8" stereo jack for input...... as long as you see stereo in, and 900 mHz on it, you can use it for your application....

Not all of these, if any, offer really great reception( I'm talking super Hi-Fi, here).....but they will put out a decent signal that should work for rear channel use.........effective range is a crapshoot....all you can do is hook it up and see what happens... in most home settings, it should work just fine.....

I would not spend a lot of dough on this setup....really, at a garage sale or resale shop, less than 5 can get you in.....

Good Luck, let us know.............willhowl:yes:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom