• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Woodhorn - solid wood?

patate91

Well-Known Member
I know that solid wood is not recommend for speaker cabinet. But what about woodhorn? Is it ok to use mapple or black walnut? I know that the type of wood will have an effect on sound, but at 90mm I'm wondering if humidity or wrap can alter it?

I'm planning to get Yuichi's A-290 done by a woodworker and he asked me if he can use something else than plywood.
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't know so sorry for just dropping in but I'm quite curious and wanted to subscribe if answers arise! Good luck with your build as I think its a great idea and can't see why not. Playing with the density of different woods to get different sonic signatures could be useful as well. This could even be a combat for horns that are too bright or fatiguing for some people such as Klipsch.
 
Back
Top Bottom