• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

World Radio Day 2024

triple20

71 Cutlass S / Hurst wheels
Subscriber

Does anyone celebrate World Radio Day?
I had never heard of it until yesterday and I can understand the important nature of this,especially with the internet taking over every aspect of our lives.
I am very fond of radio,I listen to both AM and FM,will always do so and enjoy it.

World Radio Day was established in 2011 by the United Nations Educational,Scientific and Cultural Organization.
It's a global celebration of the enduring power of radio.
Feb 13th was selected as it's day to recognize because it's the day in 1946 United Nations radio went on the air.
 
Register to hide this ad

Does anyone celebrate World Radio Day?
I had never heard of it until yesterday and I can understand the important nature of this,especially with the internet taking over every aspect of our lives.
I am very fond of radio,I listen to both AM and FM,will always do so and enjoy it.

World Radio Day was established in 2011 by the United Nations Educational,Scientific and Cultural Organization.
It's a global celebration of the enduring power of radio.
Feb 13th was selected as it's day to recognize because it's the day in 1946 United Nations radio went on the air.
Heard about it for the first time yesterday morning...when we were listening to the radio... :yikes:

My wife and I listen to the radio every morning while drinking our coffee. During the week it's a news and info program via our National Broadcaster (CBC FM). Saturdays and Sundays we tend toward music...Saturday is soft rock/pop or jazz...Sunday is Classical Choral (it helps us feel less guilty about ditching church 40 years ago) ;)
 
Heard about it for the first time yesterday morning...when we were listening to the radio... :yikes:

My wife and I listen to the radio every morning while drinking our coffee. During the week it's a news and info program via our National Broadcaster (CBC FM). Saturdays and Sundays we tend toward music...Saturday is soft rock/pop or jazz...Sunday is Classical Choral (it helps us feel less guilty about ditching church 40 years ago) ;)
Very nice to hear your still enjoying radio.
We are a fading crowd for sure.
 
Back
Top Bottom