• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

World's Funniest Joke

finnbow

The Dude Abides
Richard Wiseman of the University of Hertfordshire set up a website called Laugh Lab in 2001 to try to find the funniest joke in the world. Wiseman collected over 40,000 submissions and 1.5 million people voted to help him determine the world's funniest joke.

The winning joke was: "Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, 'My friend is dead! What can I do?' The operator says 'Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead.' There is a silence, then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says 'OK, now what?'"

http://features.aol.com/video/will-you-laugh-worlds-funniest-joke

I've heard it before and found it funny, but I believe I've heard funnier.
 
Register to hide this ad
Yeah, good joke, but I wouldn't consider it the funniest I've ever heard.
 
Humor, like many things human, is highly subjective.

I remember studying humor and "why we laugh at jokes" in a College Psych class, and what one student found hilarious, another would find only mildly amusing. A lot also depends on mood, alertness, and stress levels at the time you hear the joke.
 
I've always heard that British humor is different from our's in the US, this kinda proves it to me.
 
Back
Top Bottom