• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

worth buying for a first TT

thaitime

Member
I found a technics SL-Q300 TT in beautiful shape with manual. I want to start playing my vinyl again and was wondering if this is worth buying for a starter TT? I am likely to upgrade later, I always did like the looks of the old 70s pioneer stuff but looking at the prices I will have to save up for what I really want the black version of PL-570 or something similar . I have a chance to buy this one right now at a good price any suggestions on this table and has anyone out there owned one or have any comments on it.

thanks in advance
thaitime
 
Register to hide this ad
Grab it if it's around 50. Stick an at92e cart on it an it's good starter/secondary table.
 
Yeah that's the price I will get it for. thanks for the quick reply illini I will take your advice and buy the at92e cartridge I guess there is not a lot of things to adjust or check out on this TT huh?

thanks again
 
I agree with illini. It should be a great starter turntable for you, and the AT92E is an excellent p-mount cartridge that can be had for quite cheap. Plus, I'm quite sure the Q300 is fully automatic as well. There shouldn't be much to adjust... that was the whole point with the p-mount system, after all. It also has a quartz lock direct-drive system which should keep the speed dead-on all the time. You may want to make sure all of the auto functions are in working order.
 
Last edited:
Heh... you'll want more tables, so keep looking for that Pioneer even if you get the Q300. They make some nice p-mount carts, btw.
 
Thanks for all the great advice illini and Karla I really appreciate the help and advice. I have the fever like I did back in the late 70s I just love TT and how they look and work what a great way to spend my time now days always keeping an eye out for the next piece of gear. illini what does the sfw 010 oil stand for "super fine weight?

thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom