Hi All ,
Just built new top hats for my 50's khorns using Classic Audio Loudspeakers JBL 2441/4475 drivers, Hartsfield Lens and new tweeters. Been reading wht I can find on original woofers: TruSonic 103LX and EV 15WK. (If I can find a pair of either)
I started out using K43B that I found thru a local shop and now K33's. Worth upgrading from K33 in 50's khorns 6" opening, to either EV 15WK or Stephens Trusonic 103LX.
Goal is better, tighter, faster bass from my bass bins, deeper would be a bonus. Crossover point is 500HZ. Whatever I replace them with, if I do, should be DCR 4 ohm. Resonance:28Hz
Also, appear to be getting a little "boing" currently. Remember the early bass bins were made of 1/2" plywood. Thinking about laminating 1/2" MDF to the sides and tops as stiffeners, think of it as a complete external shell, but laminated, as well as perhaps some internal bracing if you have any thoughts/pix.
Thoughts Please? Input?
Thanks~
Bob
Just built new top hats for my 50's khorns using Classic Audio Loudspeakers JBL 2441/4475 drivers, Hartsfield Lens and new tweeters. Been reading wht I can find on original woofers: TruSonic 103LX and EV 15WK. (If I can find a pair of either)
I started out using K43B that I found thru a local shop and now K33's. Worth upgrading from K33 in 50's khorns 6" opening, to either EV 15WK or Stephens Trusonic 103LX.
Goal is better, tighter, faster bass from my bass bins, deeper would be a bonus. Crossover point is 500HZ. Whatever I replace them with, if I do, should be DCR 4 ohm. Resonance:28Hz
Also, appear to be getting a little "boing" currently. Remember the early bass bins were made of 1/2" plywood. Thinking about laminating 1/2" MDF to the sides and tops as stiffeners, think of it as a complete external shell, but laminated, as well as perhaps some internal bracing if you have any thoughts/pix.
Thoughts Please? Input?
Thanks~
Bob