• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Would you buy a McIntosh headphones amp?

HiFiGuy528

Super Member
McIntosh is my favorite brand so I've been wanting a headphones amp from them for some time now. I hope this poll will give McIntosh an idea on how much interest there is or the lack of.

If they make a headphones amp with McIntosh blue meters, tubes and solid state version. Priced under $1500? I know it may be wishful thinking. :) Your thoughts?
 
Register to hide this ad
What type of headphones? Electrostatic, use a 2505, 752, 7100 off the speaker out. Line level, C-30 series pre amps, or C-40 with auxiliary amps built in will drive anything. If you are talking Stax, then I recommend you use their specific designed amps. So. I really don't see the need, but that's me. I mean if I bought a pair of the latest Sennheiser or AKG and they wouldn't interface with what I have (C-34, or my headphone amp MC2505) I might look else where. I guess, if I wanted something with lower distortion, I'd look for a Crown D40 or a warm sound MC225.
 
I think the current line of McIntosh preamps has a decent amp, but I like a high-end standalone amp from my favorite brand. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom