Rob Babcock
Active Member
Howdy, all!
I was just perusing the site tonite and just noticed something- I've been registered at AK for ten years this month! Wow, time flies!:yes:
I've been a bit sparse in these parts lately, for many reasons. The first is just the cycle of things. I have a lot of hobbies (all of them expensive!
). For awhile I'll be on a audio kick, then I'll get more into watching movies and tweaking my video system. And since I'm a chef, my interests inevitably turn to cooking tech. I got pretty seriously into home experiments with sous vide cooking a few years back. And on top of all that, my sharpening for coworkers has sort of evolved over time to a small scale sharpening biz in what I laughingly call my "free time"!
Also, about five years ago, though, I returned to school to pursue my B.S. Now, it's a little more complicated starting school again at 38 than it was at 18!:sigh: The main diff is the need to continue to work FT and sometimes OT. Well, now at 43 I'm getting very close to being finished!
Things may wax and wane but I always check in to see what's new here at AK! Hard to believe this ride has been going for ten years! But with any luck, I'll be hangin' around for ten more!
I was just perusing the site tonite and just noticed something- I've been registered at AK for ten years this month! Wow, time flies!:yes:I've been a bit sparse in these parts lately, for many reasons. The first is just the cycle of things. I have a lot of hobbies (all of them expensive!
). For awhile I'll be on a audio kick, then I'll get more into watching movies and tweaking my video system. And since I'm a chef, my interests inevitably turn to cooking tech. I got pretty seriously into home experiments with sous vide cooking a few years back. And on top of all that, my sharpening for coworkers has sort of evolved over time to a small scale sharpening biz in what I laughingly call my "free time"!
Also, about five years ago, though, I returned to school to pursue my B.S. Now, it's a little more complicated starting school again at 38 than it was at 18!:sigh: The main diff is the need to continue to work FT and sometimes OT. Well, now at 43 I'm getting very close to being finished!
Things may wax and wane but I always check in to see what's new here at AK! Hard to believe this ride has been going for ten years! But with any luck, I'll be hangin' around for ten more!

So like, you're an old-timer, and a young whippersnapper, at the same time. :scratch2: 