• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

WZ-096 zener diode

smokinone

Active Member
I have a radio with a WZ-096 zener diode in it. I can't seem to find anything on it. I believe it is a 9.6V zener, a watt maybe. I haven't been able to get any closer than a 9.1 1/2W through hole.
Is there anyone who knows where to get one, or what would replace it other than a SMD?
Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Evaluate if you can get away with 10 or 9.1, otherwise put some in series (7.5+2.1, or 5.6 + 3.9 or whatever close you have available).

BTW myself I found myself lured assuming a zener was short circuit pulling a transistor voltage down, but a trimming resistor part of the circuit had its wiper open circuit....
 
Great, thanks. I found this at Mouser, TZX9V1E-TR. It's 9.5V if I'm reading the datasheet correctly. .that should get me where I want .
Thanks again.
 
Back
Top Bottom