• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha A-760 II, DC-Offset rising up to 1200mV

Replaced the last one Cap. C311.

Dirty Texture on the Schematic ... Not recognized ...
Bad Detail Recognition, bcause cheap Zoomfactor.
( too many little Pixels around the Component Number )
C318, or C315? No, it is the C311...


Now we have : Right Channel 19mV; left 0.4mV

:banana::banana::banana:

Have nice Weekends, Guys :-)

Cheeeers,
Darko

ps: the Main Bulb ( Power-ON ) is allready gone -> to much Current?
Is 1 gone, all are gone -> its a Serial Chain of Bulbs .. very nice :0)
 
Good to hear it's fixed!
:yes:
So what exactly fixed it? The last bad cap, or that optocoupler you mentioned?
 
Hi Packrat,

I cant say, sorry :-/


The only Thing I for shure can say is:

Diana Krall have a very nice Voice :-)))
(Yes, I like her Voice too!)

The biggest DC-Falldown was after replacing the last Cap, C511.
He was placed so bad, that I have to remove a Metal-Platen, that holds
mostly Everything together :-0.

How much a Optocoupler can distort only one Channel is not in my
possibillity to explain - Iam shure a Pro can.

I never measure each single Circuit Group.
So, possible is a Resonance-Loop somewhere.
The most Electrolyt Caps, I have replaced,
was in the Near of Heat-Sources, like Power-Resistors.-> nice BBQ ..

Strange is, that 98% Caps has a good C-Value.

Tip: for better and shorter Heating-Up-Period,
I cover the whole Amp with a "Not inflammable" Towel.

After playing 3 CDs, the DC-Offset was in the Right cHannel only ~17mVDC.
In the Left Channel more less: 0,4-0,1mVDC.

The Yamaha A-760 II can go back to his Owner now. :-)
( .. and I can fix then a Sony 1140 with Coupler-Cap Issues (static Noise))

Have a very nice and peacefull Weekend,


Darko
 
One Thing I forgot:

- The Amp have now the Original big ELNA Caps back.


At Repair, I replaced both with Industrial Purpose Caps with 18000uF - 63V.

With the ELNAs, the sound is more crisp a maybe more clear -
but You know, its a strange Thing with Psychoaccoustics.
Today it sound bad, same Thing than Tommorow is another Story.



Darko
 
Back
Top Bottom