I'm new on the forum and need some speaker recommendation for a new amp.
I am considering to finally upgrade my 23 year old audio system (I currently have a Yamaha AX-570 amp, Yamaha CDX-550 CD player and JBL Control 5 speakers). For amp I'll stay with Yamaha, no intention to consider other brands.
After some research I kind of set my mind to the Yamaha A-S 2100 amp. It seems to meet all my desires/wishes incl dedicated head phone amp section (important). From reviews this seems to be an excellent amp and will last me probably the rest of my life (I'm I my 40's now), so I'm willing to stretch my budget (it is at the very max that I'm willing to spend for an amp).
So having made my decision on a amp I want to look at a good set of speaker to pair with this amp.
My living room is not so big, so I'm looking at bookshelf speakers of small floor standing speakers. Listening area is about 4m x 4m. At the moment I'm looking at something like KEF R300 or R500.
Few questions.
> I'm considering a budget between Euro 1000,= to 1500,= (max. 2000,=) for a pair of speakers. Would this be adequate to et an excellent set of speakers that will do justice to the Yamaha A-S2100 amp?
> Any suggestions on great sounding speakers for the Yamaha A-S1100 or A-S 2100?
> Anyone uses the KEF R300 or R500 Yamaha A-S1100 or A-S 2100?
Before I buy I will for sure try to find a shop where I can compare different speakers with the A-S2100, but before I do that I want to have a good idea of which speakers I should possibly consider, as I expect that any speaker with the A-S2100 will already blow me away compared to what I have now.
Thanks for your help/advise.
I am considering to finally upgrade my 23 year old audio system (I currently have a Yamaha AX-570 amp, Yamaha CDX-550 CD player and JBL Control 5 speakers). For amp I'll stay with Yamaha, no intention to consider other brands.
After some research I kind of set my mind to the Yamaha A-S 2100 amp. It seems to meet all my desires/wishes incl dedicated head phone amp section (important). From reviews this seems to be an excellent amp and will last me probably the rest of my life (I'm I my 40's now), so I'm willing to stretch my budget (it is at the very max that I'm willing to spend for an amp).
So having made my decision on a amp I want to look at a good set of speaker to pair with this amp.
My living room is not so big, so I'm looking at bookshelf speakers of small floor standing speakers. Listening area is about 4m x 4m. At the moment I'm looking at something like KEF R300 or R500.
Few questions.
> I'm considering a budget between Euro 1000,= to 1500,= (max. 2000,=) for a pair of speakers. Would this be adequate to et an excellent set of speakers that will do justice to the Yamaha A-S2100 amp?
> Any suggestions on great sounding speakers for the Yamaha A-S1100 or A-S 2100?
> Anyone uses the KEF R300 or R500 Yamaha A-S1100 or A-S 2100?
Before I buy I will for sure try to find a shop where I can compare different speakers with the A-S2100, but before I do that I want to have a good idea of which speakers I should possibly consider, as I expect that any speaker with the A-S2100 will already blow me away compared to what I have now.
Thanks for your help/advise.