• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha B-6

Register to hide this ad
my dad use to have one i think with a c6 or c4 pre amp but he told me one day he was using it and he smelt smoke and the channels distorted and then it went poof! so he just gave it some guy at a garage sale we had some 5 years ago... are they that rare!?!
 
...he told me one day he was using it and he smelt smoke and the channels distorted...

Yup, that'll happen when you put fish in your receiver! :thmbsp:

Sorry, I know smelt is technically a past participial variant of smell, though it's not commonly used. Normally you'd type smelled. Though you are correct in your usage, I tend to think of smelt as being a tiny fish, or the process of extracting metals from ore. I couldn't resist the joke when I pictured a receiver case full of tiny smoked fish!
 
Back
Top Bottom