• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha C-80 output.

Dominic N

New Member
Hi a question and what you all think about it.

I am renovating an M-80 and C-80 for someone who has just purchased it and unfortunately does not know the history of it but the M-80 (right side) had already been repaired by someone at an earlier stage so only there a recap but the C-80 played softer on the right side, now I first replaced all the caps and that right side were very bad now I was measuring the C-80 before testing it and now it has 12 DC on it the pre-out on the right after further measurement showed that the NJM2041s to be defective now that has been replaced and the pre works again as it should.

Now my question to you, is it not better to use a coupling cap here or will I just leave the pre as it is? I don't want 12v again on the output I don't think the M-80 will appreciate that because I think the previous repair on the M-80 has also had to do with this.

Greetings
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi Avionic thanks for your feedback, then i will leave the pre as it is.
A beautiful sound comes from the C-80 / M-80 combination.
 
Hi Avionic thanks for your feedback, then i will leave the pre as it is.
A beautiful sound comes from the C-80 / M-80 combination.
Will sound even better if you utilize the inverted output of the C-80...;)
 
Will sound even better if you utilize the inverted output of the C-80...;)
Yes I had read about it, 1 side inverted and 1 side on the normal side.

but yes it should of course not sound better than my MX-1000 / CX-1000 combo otherwise I will not give it back to the owner ;-p
 
I'm not to crazy about the CX-1000.
I actually understand that yes, I am also very surprised about the very good quality compared to a newer CX-1000 but I am a bit lazy and I prefer a remote control and unfortunately the C-80 does not have that .
I am currently using the CX-1000 with a YBA Passion 600 but I must say that I think the phono stage of the CX-1000 is one that is among the best.
 
Back
Top Bottom