• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha C4 control noise is making me crazy(er)

And I WOULD like to be on that invite list
Excellent. Yes, best wishes with the recovery process.

Glad to see there are some audio get togethers. I see folks complain there isn't anyone to party with in my area. The gig we had yesterday, with a field trip, included two from NJ that live an hour apart and two from PA that live about an hour apart. I don't understand folks in populated areas not being able to put something together. I know once a year things can keep some from attending with certain dates getting taken with other events, duties but we used to do Second Saturday, once a month and it worked well. A few members have moved out of the area and the group got small. Building it back up a bit at a time, but the field trip was a one off special opportunity since the one that lives the furthest was going to be near the area and could swing by after his appointments.
 
Only if you disassemble it.Otherwise, no, there is no openings.

I realized that I never got back to you regarding that noisy C4 volume control.... I did as you suggested, pulled it off the board and gave it (and all of the other controls while I was at it) a good bath with DeOxit (D5 followed by their DG solvent) and now the whole thing works great!

Thanks for sharing your experience & the encouragement. This has been a perfect example why AK is a really useful forum.
 
Back
Top Bottom