• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha C4 + M65 combo ?

Edu1985

Active Member
I m.currently using my C4 with the poweramp from a Pioneer A676. I m planning to buy a M65 but i don t know it s sound signature.. still looking for a M4 but i can t find any good one!will this be a good sounding combo (c4 and m60)?or should i wait for a M4?i read that the m4 is on the analytical side..i m looking for a poweramp with warm tube sound ,good mids and bass.. since my speakers are a litlle on the analitycal side...which one will be a good match…?are the yamaha M series from the mid 80 as good as the 70's?will they match with c4 preamp?
 
Register to hide this ad
As long as the C-4 and M-60 are up to par. I don't see any issues. As for tube sound.. Define " tube sound " ....??
 
You don’t mention your speakers. The amp speaker interface will have the biggest impact on the sound. Yamaha will be clean and revealing, but will sound different with different speakers.
 
I found a really nice M60 and am currently using it with my Avioniced (verb) C4. Great combination. Bought the M60 from the original owner and had never been opened. Clean inside and just a bit of Sony Jizz Glue to scrape off.

I'd been using the C4 with an M4 that I'd like to go through. No issues with the M4 whatsoever but would likely benefit from a recap and adjustment.

To my ear the amps are very similar in SQ. Obviously a bit more nut with the M60 but the M4 certainly holds it's own. The M4 appears to have a slightly better build quality but no slouch in the bunch.
 
I found a really nice M60 and am currently using it with my Avioniced (verb) C4. Great combination. Bought the M60 from the original owner and had never been opened. Clean inside and just a bit of Sony Jizz Glue to scrape off.

I'd been using the C4 with an M4 that I'd like to go through. No issues with the M4 whatsoever but would likely benefit from a recap and adjustment.

To my ear the amps are very similar in SQ. Obviously a bit more nut with the M60 but the M4 certainly holds it's own. The M4 appears to have a slightly better build quality but no slouch in the bunch.
I have two M-4's, two M-80's, M-60, M-65. Most recapped, but I can't tell the difference between them while listening. Perhaps I only have a bronze ear....
 
If the "tube" sound is what you want in a SS amp look at the Yamaha B2 (V-Fet) , Great all around amp.

Athanasios
 
Back
Top Bottom