Bigkahuna
Well-Known Member
I just picked up this non working Yamaha CA-1000 and cosmetically she is a beauty! I don't believe the case has ever been off and looks real nice inside. I would love to get this going as I hear these are real nice!
I was told it does not power on. I can hear it hum very slightly so it does come on but I think the power light is out. I took some measurements on the amp board and OUT was over 4V. B+ or was it B- had 49V and the other had nearly nothing. So I assume I am in protection mode?
Poking around on the power supply board I found F703 open. Should I be looking for other issues with this fuse resistor open?
I measured F704 and that reads 22 ohms and I think from the SM it should be 47 ohm. F704 looks quite a bit different than 703 what kind of resistor is this? I see there are resistors like this on the amp board and wondering if these are the ones that drift I have been reading about? I lifted a leg on F701 and that measured 4 ohms which I think should be fine.
Done some reading on here and it looks like I should for good measure replace repair:
Fuseable resistors
Trimmer pots
Speaker relay
Caps on amp and power supply
Snap switches
Clean the coupler switch
Phono Input impedance looks like it might be the same switch?
Getting into the back panel looks like I should also look for cold solder joints too.
I have a list going with Mouser now for parts but I am getting confused about what to order for caps and resistors there are so many options. I have not ordered from Mouser or Digikey. I used to have a supplier right near my house and I would bring something into them and say give me one of those.
I was told it does not power on. I can hear it hum very slightly so it does come on but I think the power light is out. I took some measurements on the amp board and OUT was over 4V. B+ or was it B- had 49V and the other had nearly nothing. So I assume I am in protection mode?
Poking around on the power supply board I found F703 open. Should I be looking for other issues with this fuse resistor open?
I measured F704 and that reads 22 ohms and I think from the SM it should be 47 ohm. F704 looks quite a bit different than 703 what kind of resistor is this? I see there are resistors like this on the amp board and wondering if these are the ones that drift I have been reading about? I lifted a leg on F701 and that measured 4 ohms which I think should be fine.
Done some reading on here and it looks like I should for good measure replace repair:
Fuseable resistors
Trimmer pots
Speaker relay
Caps on amp and power supply
Snap switches
Clean the coupler switch
Phono Input impedance looks like it might be the same switch?
Getting into the back panel looks like I should also look for cold solder joints too.
I have a list going with Mouser now for parts but I am getting confused about what to order for caps and resistors there are so many options. I have not ordered from Mouser or Digikey. I used to have a supplier right near my house and I would bring something into them and say give me one of those.

