• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CA-800 Bias Problems After Cleaning

I have the same amp with the same problems. Did you have your one fixed? How? Your response will highly appreciated.
Suggest you provide more info of your problem. This thread contains issues with biasing and also poor sound quality.
Are you able to bias the amp, both for Normal and Class A?
If poor sound quality, are both channels equally affected, would point to a power supply issue. Switches could also be an issue, ie, coupler, mute, bass turnover, function selector. Problem for AUX, TUNER, Phono,,, L&R channels?
Maybe toggle all switches (except operations and coupler) and note any affect.
 
I have +50.9V and -50.3V. Seems to be working.



That is correct. Able to do the differential and offset (15V and 0V), but not the idling currents.

I'll give the power supply some TLC and see where that gets me.
HELLO T, I have the same issue. Did you fix it? How? Please
 
Back
Top Bottom