• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CA-800 Channel Out.

HomerJSimpson

Addicted Member
Well, while we are all stuck at home I've decided to dig out some old projects.

I have a Yamaha CA-800 that has no audio on the right channel. Either using the built in pre amp, using a different preamp.

This amp has NOT been worked on before.

Fuses are good.

Fuseable resistors are good.

What should I look at first?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Protect relay contacts or speaker select switch is dirty most likely.
 
I do get feedback out of the speaker if I touch a test probe to the in on the amp board.

I will clean those again and the coupler switch.
 
Points at the protect relay contacts or a bad solder connection / cracked PCB trace.Broken yellow wire between right amplifier circuit board and the power supply/protect board.
 
Last edited:
What part number and voltage on the relay case? HC2-P-DC12 ? ---> MY2-02-DC12
 
Last edited:
Points at the protect relay contacts or a bad solder connection / cracked PCB trace.Broken yellow wire between right amplifier circuit board and the power supply/protect board.
This may explain a new problem. Now on dbt, I get some noise and a flickering bulb.

I'll try to post a video.
 
Back
Top Bottom