• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CA-800 Transistors Sub

tinkerer

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Got a Yamaha CA-800 Amp that the Right Amp Board needs a rebuild. Reading threads on transistor substitutions it appears that KSC2690 is a good sub for the 2SC1124 transistor. The issue I have is that the 2SC1124 is EBC while the KSC2690 is ECB. This would not normally present a problem when the board layout is in a triangle configuration, but in this case the pins are arranged in a straight line. This requires a twisting of the legs of the KSC2690 in an X pattern. I can insulate the legs from each other and make it work I think, but it's a convulated mess.

My question: Is there a good sub for 2SC1124 and 2SA706 that has a pin layout of EBC?

Thanks so much for your help.
 
Register to hide this ad
I know perfect sub for 2SC1124 but there are not in TO3 (2SD667)
2SA706 = 2SB647
Electronicly perfect but not the same package , sorry
 
Appreciate the response. I believe I'm looking for a TO-126 or TO-220 type.
Thanks for trying.
 
I believe I'm looking for a TO-126 or TO-220 type.
TO-202 if its that SONY transistor.


96_b.png
 
Last edited:
Yup it's THAT Sony transistor.
Do most folks just cross the legs on an acceptable ECB sub and insulate them?
I do not find any EBC subs.
 
Completely acceptable to cross legs and insulate, I'd choose the best part based on specs not pinout.
I don't see a problem if it's done neatly.
 
Crossing the legs neatly on a TO-126, TO-202, TO-220 with the blade type pins can be tricky, which is why I was looking for a EBC sub.
But I believe I can figure it out.
Thank You.
Appreciate the help.
 
Back
Top Bottom