• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CDX-900u

proofdude

New Member
Hey there,

I have a Yamaha CDX-900u CD player acting up, that I got years ago at a yard sale for $5.00, and I'd like to save it. It's super clean.
It reads the disc but won't play. I can hear it jumping around in there, but no play at all. I'm no electronic expert, but I'd like to know what it's not doing and get it fixed. Any ideas out there ?? Much appreciated.

Proofdude Steve slats1@fuse.net:thmbsp:
 
Register to hide this ad
There was a post several months ago where a guy took his laser apart and re-lubricated the focusing mechanism. Seemed to work for him. Not for the non technically inclined, or those without small hand tools like tweezers.
 
Back
Top Bottom