• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-1000 buzz and occasional popping

hard to tell but looks like there could be a solder bridge on the second photo in post 17, between the middle and right facing legs.
Yes it does look suspect but it's just the transistor icon, component side, extreme right leg is the emitter
 
2SC1345 widely used in preamp. OK, it does not match the tapping psu TR's scenario.
FR801, 3, WZ210, 310, C806???
 
I think I really fixed the crackling and popping problem now having replaced those 3 transistors, tested from cold many times and in situations when I always had the disturbance, my guess is 2SC1061 was at fault as this one is getting scorching hot, also its soldering wasn't original.

Thank you everyone for tips, especially Avionic.

Meanwhile, this pcb is shown in Service manual as having 2 points TP one for each channel at which voltage is measured (between TP and the solder point in the middle of the bottom in the pic) and regulated with the 2 screws to be at 28V if I remember well. But how to find those 2 TP points. There's no pins for some reason like on other pcbs. The layout doesn't seem identical with the picture in manual. And should I really care abouting doing these settings? :)
Setting this must be really tricky as I think it requires tilting of the front?

pcbbbup.jpg
 

Attachments

  • pcbbb.jpg
    pcbbb.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hmm yes that is a tough one. I'd just leave it alone.

cf1b6144-c742-4ff5-abf9-df710b76c3c9
upload_2017-1-20_16-20-32.png
 
Back
Top Bottom