• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-1020 needs repair

Beattles

New Member
I have a Yamaha CR-1020 receiver that blew a channel some time ago and I was using it as a preamp until my MX-630 fried a couple of years ago. I think the CR-1020 may have caused it. The MX-630 blackened the board and was not repairable, but I think the CR-1020 could be repaired and it needs to be recapped. I loaded it up to take it to a nearby electronics repair shop and when I got there it was closed for good.

I need a good, but reasonable option for repairing it. Any one know a good option, knowledgeable suggestions would be appreciated?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a Yamaha CR-1020 receiver that blew a channel some time ago and I was using it as a preamp until my MX-630 fried a couple of years ago. I think the CR-1020 may have caused it. The MX-630 blackened the board and was not repairable, but I think the CR-1020 could be repaired and it needs to be recapped. I loaded it up to take it to a nearby electronics repair shop and when I got there it was closed for good.

I need a good, but reasonable option for repairing it. Any one know a good option, knowledgeable suggestions would be appreciated?

I might know someone.Whats your 20.
 
Thanks, I am in Florence, SC. I can ship it. I would like a ball park cost first(if it needs this it will run $_______.

The MX-630 boards and around the transistors was blackened. No sign of life, just went with a loud pop and the smell of ozone.
 
Back
Top Bottom