• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha Cr 1020

bloodsnake

New Member
need some advice on the cr 1020 receiver. When I turn off the power switch, there is a big bang in both speakers. I don't know where the error is and what should I check? When the receiver is on, the relay is protection, but I can't figure out what causes the boom in the speakers when it's off. Thank you in advance for the professional answer. Peter
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Per Google Translate:

I need some advice on the cr 1020 receiver. When I turn off the power switch, there is a big bang in both speakers. I don't know where the error is and what should I check? When the receiver is on, the relay is protection, but I can't figure out what causes the boom in the speakers when it's off. Thank you in advance for the professional answer. Peter
 
Most people here are English speakers. You will get the best answers if you post in English. Folks are happy to help even if the English is not perfect, but there are very few Czech speakers on this forum.

Většina lidí zde mluví anglicky. Nejlepší odpovědi získáte, když budete psát v angličtině. Lidi rádi pomůžou, i když angličtina není dokonalá, ale na tomto fóru je jen velmi málo českých mluvčích.
 
When the receiver is on, the relay is protection, but I can't figure out what causes the boom in the speakers when it's off.
Are all the lamps working, also lamps may need to be incandescant not LEDs.
In some amps YAMAHA, at power off used the lamps to rapidly discharge a cap in the protection circuit, so the relay would be rapidly released.
If the lamps do not run down the charge then power off transients will be audible.

So, are all lamps working?
Incandescant or LED?
Need to check if the CR1020 also uses this method.
 
I replaced the lighting of the analog indicators with LEDs. Originally there were light bulbs. But I don't remember if the banging in the speakers was with the bulbs.
 
Are all the lamps working, also lamps may need to be incandescant not LEDs.
In some amps YAMAHA, at power off used the lamps to rapidly discharge a cap in the protection circuit, so the relay would be rapidly released.
If the lamps do not run down the charge then power off transients will be audible.

So, are all lamps working?
Incandescant or LED?
Need to check if the CR1020 also uses this method.
 
Osvětlení analogových indikátorů jsem nahradil LED diodami. Původně tam byly žárovky. Ale už si nepamatuji, jestli to bouchání v reproduktorech bylo s žárovkami.
 
Are all the lamps working, also lamps may need to be incandescant not LEDs.
In some amps YAMAHA, at power off used the lamps to rapidly discharge a cap in the protection circuit, so the relay would be rapidly released.
If the lamps do not run down the charge then power off transients will be audible.

So, are all lamps working?
Incandescant or LED?
Need to check if the CR1020 also uses this method.
I connected the original bulb in parallel to the LED and it no longer hits the speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom