• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-2020 tech question

Doug S

New Member
Hi all. I'm new here and not very tech-savvy, so excuse me if I am asking something simplistic. I have a Yamaha CR-2020 hooked up to a pair of Advent small loudspeakers. I play only vinyl through the tuner, on a Denon DP-45F turntable. I have nothing else connected to the tuner. My issue is that whenever I turn on the tuner to play an LP, the right speaker is either very quiet or mute. I find that I have to mess around on the back of the tuner with the Coupler toggle switch to get the speaker to pop on. I am trying to figure out if this is a tuner issue, a speaker issue, the turntable, some combination of the three, or something else. Any help or advice anyone can offer would be great. I spent a decent amount of money on this tuner a couple of years ago and don't want to have to start again.

Doug
Northern Virginia
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK Doug
Clean the coupler switch contacts with deox-.it. It is notorious for getting dirty and causing channel cut outs.
The CR-2020 is a Receiver.Combination Tuner and integrated amplifier.
 
Back
Top Bottom