• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR 2040’s in hiding ?

kydog

Super Member
Out of curiosity I went searching for a CR 2040 to Possibly add and complete my stable of CR Receivers of ( CR 3020,2020 1020). There are literally none to be had on the auction site except for one, But a host of 2020’s & 1020’s to choose from. Where are the CR 2040’s hiding? Were the productions numbers lower than the above mentioned models? Are they being held back by owners that simply won’t sell them? Just curious because in 2019 I’m not seeing many available.
 
Register to hide this ad
Out of curiosity I went searching for a CR 2040 to Possibly add and complete my stable of CR Receivers of ( CR 3020,2020 1020). There are literally none to be had on the auction site except for one, But a host of 2020’s & 1020’s to choose from. Where are the CR 2040’s hiding? Were the productions numbers lower than the above mentioned models? Are they being held back by owners that simply won’t sell them? Just curious because in 2019 I’m not seeing many available.
Well, I happen to have two... :beerchug: One is my workshop work horse. The other works fine but the PO tried to replace incandescent with LED. So the main dial lamps and meters dont light up. The case is a little rough too.

Feel free to DM me as I have been thinking of passing on to someone who can appreciate it and update the lighting. Cross country shipping at 45 lbs may be an issue......
 
Thanks for the offer but I want the cosmetics to be spot on ( Case , Lights, etc). Not looking for to much of a project and something kinda local at this point ( I do have an eye on one) Don’t know the condition yet. There just aren’t many choices compared to the rest of the lineup
 
I picked up one locally this month... Replacing lamps right now. Few blemishes on the dial meter, other than that I would say it's pretty clean and working well.
 
They should have a piece of glass in the design to avoid this issue...
Personally I think it was a manufacturing process issue. I don't think glass or poly would have prevented it.
 
Back
Top Bottom