• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-3020 Considering Buying

mmsean

New Member
So my mom has a friend who has a Yamaha CR-3020 for sale for around $600. Not sure of the condition or if it works but think it might be worth it to buy and fix? I haven't a clue what the cost would be to fix it. I hate to drive 12 hours for something that isn't worth fixing at that price.

Suggestions?
 
Register to hide this ad
Pretty sure you could sell it without touching it for 2.5x the asking price.....If serviced and in excellent cosmetic shape more like 4x the asking price...

One of the rarest TOTL receivers out there and at 2000-3000.00 it still is a bargain to the much more common sx-1980 or marantz 2500-2600
 
If you are not interested, please pm me. I would buy it if your friend is close enough. Been looking for a 3020 for a while.
 
So my mom has a friend who has a Yamaha CR-3020 for sale for around $600. Not sure of the condition or if it works but think it might be worth it to buy and fix? I haven't a clue what the cost would be to fix it. I hate to drive 12 hours for something that isn't worth fixing at that price.

Suggestions?

So did you buy it?
 
No guy had a change of heart unfortunately!


Not surprised, if he put it on ebay for 3000 as is it would sell within 24 hours, the other poster wasn't joking when he said it's one of the rarest monster receivers there is.
 
There are a surprising number of AK'ers that own this beautiful monster. I'm surprised what they sell for compared to other top of the line receivers. The Yamaha doesn't seem to command the prices that the others do. Strange considering the rarity. Condition does play a big part though. I've seen several on the Bay that are a little rough and they seem to linger for quite some time before disappearing.
With them being so rare I guess it's harder to come across the really nice ones.
 
Back
Top Bottom