• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

yamaha CR 420 vs CR 440 vs R-500.

johnny ro

Active Member
I own all 3, like them all. The 420 has nicest cabinet, seems more expensively made inside. The 420 also has more punch, the others are more Yamaha sounding - neutral. Almost like the 420 has a little bit of Pioneer in it. Not saying its better but the other two sound about the same and the 420 does not.

Tuners all about same, I need a decent antenna, waiting for spring.
 
Register to hide this ad
You know what makes me happy here, every other forum, Yamaha sound is too bright, bass shy etc. only here I find people enjoying the true, accrurate sound of Yamaha, be it speakers, CDP or amps/receiver, I heard the CR-440 long time back when I was around 13, it was hooked to NS-200M, fell in love with both instantly, what impressed me was the sound of course, also the clean uncluttered look as compared to others.
 
Back
Top Bottom