• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR2020 and JBL L100 Classics

RoseRecords

New Member
Hi all. Please forgive me I’m new to all this, but I’m trying real hard to learn. I have a Yamaha CR2020 that was fully restored, I just bought the new JBL L100 Classics. The CR2020’s cause a buzz sound in the woofer when I take the volume knob past 2 1/2 and I’m playing something with decent bass. I know it’s the CR2020 because I hooked up a modern Yamaha AS500 to them and they do not do it, even if I really really push them. These are efficient speakers. I really wanted to run the CR2020 as it’s a beautiful piece and puts out a lot of power for what it is. Can someone please help this newb girl? What would cause this issue? I’m about to sell it any put it towards a McIntosh MA352.
 
Register to hide this ad
That outfit has had a lot of complaints.
I have seen the complaints, after fact of course, but I also have seen lots of positive reviews. I’m sure not shipping it back because the supposed 30 day turnaround was 6 months.
 
Last edited:
Well I talked to Paul. And he really doesn’t want to touch it because of previous work. He will look at it though, but said it could be very expensive. He said he charges $800-$1200 for a full restore. I’m really not looking to spend that. Fully restored these only fetch around a $1000 and I already have $900 in it.
 
Back
Top Bottom