I have just recently put my 1970's era Yamaha CT-610 II back in the 'main room', having listened to the internet versions of most of my favorite stations for years, I decided to see what they sounded like these days over the air.
The problem seems to be a de-tuning or other issues that seems to make it less sensitive, and generally not to impressive, even with a large outdoor antenna with 6 feet of 300 Ohm twin lead to the back of the tuner. Is their anyone in the Northern Virginia area that can 'take a look' or even better, realign my nice sounding tuner????
I know... If I really wanted to listen to good FM, I should use a Marantz 10B but the Yamaha does sound nice and smooth, and good separation and quiet, with a little roll off above 5K. At least it sounds like that.
The problem seems to be a de-tuning or other issues that seems to make it less sensitive, and generally not to impressive, even with a large outdoor antenna with 6 feet of 300 Ohm twin lead to the back of the tuner. Is their anyone in the Northern Virginia area that can 'take a look' or even better, realign my nice sounding tuner????
I know... If I really wanted to listen to good FM, I should use a Marantz 10B but the Yamaha does sound nice and smooth, and good separation and quiet, with a little roll off above 5K. At least it sounds like that.