• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Yamaha M4 vs CA2010

Dachox

New Member
Well I lost a Yamaha B2 (the only one for sale around here) and now I looking for a Yamaha M4 with a C2 preamp. Like I said before I own a nice CA2010 that I really like with my NS1000m so...
Are the M4/C2 better or are in the same league? I forget to tell that I also have a C60 preamp, maybe I can buy the M4 alone.

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I had a M2/C4 combo and they worked great, I think the M4/C2 would be good also, but the M2/C2 would be absolutely outstanding. Unfortunately M2's sell for big bux.
 
Thanks Hypno, But here in my country its almost impossible to find a M2. But it's easy to find the M4. So I wonder if its an improvement over the Ca2010?
 
Well I lost a Yamaha B2

Sorry for your loss. I loved my M-4 and I've never heard a CA-2010 but with that said, I'd stay with the CA and keep saving my $$$ till another B-2 shows up for sale; the synergy between the B-2 and the NS-1KM's will make it well worth the wait.
 
Sorry for your loss. I loved my M-4 and I've never heard a CA-2010 but with that said, I'd stay with the CA and keep saving my $$$ till another B-2 shows up for sale; the synergy between the B-2 and the NS-1KM's will make it well worth the wait.
Thats a good advise! Hope I can get one soon!
 
I am curious as well. I have a CA-2010 that I love but wonder what pair of Yamaha separates it would take to make a substantial upgrade.
 
M-40/45/60/65/80/85 and retain the class A. All would work well with a C-60. Work even better with a C-70/80 or 85.
 
I had a C-2 for a while and was less than impressed (C-2a and C-2x is a whole other conversation!). I think you would like the C-4 much better and it is typically fairly easy to find. The M-4 amp should not be underestimated but the B-2 is in a whole other class of amp.
 
Another suggestion: you can also use your CA-2010 as a preamp if you get an amp first. It's built better that a lot of other preamps, and it has a nice phono section.
 
Back
Top Bottom