• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha NS-100M - slandered Yammies

TEPEZ

New Member
E4E1455E-C8BD-4FB1-AA2D-6B1671CEB260.jpeg Hello friends! After having read pretty much everything available in english out there on the rare Yamaha NS-100M i felt extremely hesitant to pick up a pair offered to me. The universal conclusion seems to be that they are just OK, but cannot at all hold their own against famous bigger brothers NS-1000M (with be drivers), of wich I have some prior experience and much like (owned many years ago).

Well, after auditioning NS-100M and NS-1000M A/B side-by-side at the sellers house I can tell you that I bought the NS-100M in a split second! These little boxes (significantly smaller than the NS-1000M) present a Very impressive and extremely transparent sound stage. Much like their bigger brother they absolutely vanish in thin air. Such fine treble and lively midrange. Impressive. The bottom end is of course limited at about 50 Hz, but above that more present than you might think. Overall, surely neutral side, but also a lot more fun listen than you think. Given their size/price I absolutely find the NS-100M an excellent speaker. In fact, overall, physical size considered, I prefer the NS-100M to the NS-1000M. Well, their both really good...

And thats the bottom line. My guess is that people slandering the pretty rare NS-100M in favor to the NS-1000M have not owned or even auditioned the former. With this written I would like to restore the reputation of the lovely NS-100M. In by book, a truly great little speaker!
 
Register to hide this ad
The NS-10M is the one that gets slandered. I don't think I see anyone talk about the 100M.

The NS-10 is hot garbage.

I'll amend this-I heard a pair in a music store that the owner tried to tell me would knock the socks off of any "home audio" speakers. I wasn't impressed.

I just enjoy using the term hot garbage. :P
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom