• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha NS speakers on eBay

Oh you're both nutz... There's no doubt about that, but that has nothing to do with you not caring for the Yammies. ;)
 
Yamaha NS 1000's are among the few holy grails of speakerdom there's gotta be a reason why so many desire them ;)

Of course I wholly understand TA's point, they hardly compare to Carver Amazings or my own humble CV's for that matter ;) :p:
 
Speaker greatness

Any speaker you like is a great speaker. . .nothing more personal than your music and how it sounds to you.
I am not a fan of the Carver Amazing Loudspeaker either. . .They are a awesome sight and will, providing you have the power, raise the hairs on your arms. . .I can see a pair in my 9x9 room. . .First time I leaned on them my house would fall down. . .I do like the early CVs however. . .Now the current consumer line of CVs are not much. . .Again IMHO only. . . .
 
The NS-2000 are legendary, improved NS-1000 with more bass and the NS-200 are one of the best current offerings from Yamaha's stable, they beat out big names like B&W, KEF etc. in What Hi-Fi speaker tests and were consistently rated to be most accurate and neutral by many mags in Europe and Australia.


For the absolute Yamaha legendary speakers check out the beautiful and pricey limited edition NSX-1000 at

NSX-1000

and its beautiful matching partner at

MX-10000
 
I have selected some newer Yamaha speaker systems for my HT set up. They are the NS-A838, a 12-inch, 3-way (with cloth half-roll surrounds) and the NS-638, an 8-inch, 3-way. I run one pair of the A838 for the front mains and a pair for the center, the smaller A638 for the surround.
I have found these speaker systems to be very good for their price, and on music material they are very accurate, without exaggeration. They very much share a Yamaha family heritage, that of neutral sound, and some ears may not like that sound.

Not having heard their newer skinny tower-type A100 & A200, I cannot speak about their sound.
I can say that my Yam speaker systems offer an uncolored sound, and provide a good sound for the value.
 
Do you know it is exactly Yamaha sound which attracted me to their products and this same characteristic of pure unadulterated sound comes from their speakers however most consider that thin, bright and hollow.
 
The same complaint has veen levelled at the NS-1000's, too.
I would have no qualms about using a pair of the NS-A838 in a stereo system. I would have one of my eq's in the system to extend the bottom end. The A838 is spec'd at 40 Hz, but that is a very solid 40 Hz, not a petered-out spec. The boost, though, is 'cause I like to and am able to play with a bunch of stereo gear.
:D :rolleyes: :cool: ;)
 
Last edited:
What most fail to see or hear is that flabby exagerrated bass means high cone dispersion leading to muddy mids. The Yamahas give true soild bass just like it was recorded and if one needs more, Yamaha makes some of the most musical tight subs in the market.
 
Yamaha1, I think we're both in the choir :D
An acquaintance here uses the Yamaha active 8-incher to round out the little Maggie's he has. Smaller system, kinda adapted for HT since their oldest little girl is about 4 years old or so, so must watch the Wiggles and such on video/dvd/TV.
Real sweet, shimmery system, though. All the Maggies needed was that lil' 70-watt 8-incher.
 
Back
Top Bottom