• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha NS225 ? worth while?

fau5tu5

Active Member
I bought some stuff from a guy who has a pair of Yamaha NS-225 speakers.. Very much like a big brother to the NS-10

These have a 10" folded cone, in the same style as the NS10 s...

I can't find any info about them, and neither had he.. They are near pristine,. it seems.. although are they supposed to have brown grills?

Anyway, I have never had any of the Yamaha speakers.. It seems the two groups of Lovers and Haters have a WIDE valley between them.. (dont see many who are in the middle)

So anyone familliar with them?

And is there a general consensus here as to like/dislike..
 
Register to hide this ad
Maybe NS-L225

I know your speakers are not NS-225F model, and the only other "225" reference I can find is the NS-L225, which looks as you describe. Here is a link, is this it...

http://audio-heritage.jp/YAMAHA/speaker/ns-l225.html

If yes, then it looks like a relative of the NS10s, at least the bass reflex design versions (ref: NS-10MT). My guess is it was a consumer target design (versus the NS10 pro studio target acoustic suspension designs). The bass reflex design provided better low freq extension, and the tweeter is not the ultra high freq design from the NS-10MT (it goes to 30kHz).

Specs:
40Hz~20kHz
8ohms
92.5dB
 
Yeah, that looks like it. I didnt buy them so I cant be sure.. But that definitely looks like them.. I'm pretty sure. I'm guessing not a bargain at $250.00 ? They dont quite fit my needs anyway. As I would currently only be looking for smaller near field monitors.. and those are a bit big.. Thanks.
 
Yeah, that looks like it. I didnt buy them so I cant be sure.. But that definitely looks like them.. I'm pretty sure. I'm guessing not a bargain at $250.00 ? They dont quite fit my needs anyway. As I would currently only be looking for smaller near field monitors.. and those are a bit big.. Thanks.

I had the same issue when I needed some decent monitors for my computer room. I has NS-10Ms for a while, but they were too big, and I had no room for an amp, so I tried Yamaha MS101 II powered desktop monitors (from their Pro Audio side), with a small but substantial powered sub under the desk. This system rocks! Good luck with your search.
 
I heard the NS500 a few days ago. I would grab those 225's.

oh... $250, bit steep, but they are great quality. Are those Beryllium tweeters too? My friend got his NS500 in great shape for $130 from a pawn shop.
 
I just found a pair of Yamaha NS-225. They are not NS-L225 and not NS-225F. I can't find any information about them anywhere. Anyone know anything about these?

IMG_3648.JPG IMG_3647.JPG
 
Last edited:
I just found a pair of Yamaha NS-225. They are not NS-L225 and not NS-225F. I can't find any information about them anywhere. Anyone know anything about these?

Well I finally took a few minutes to hook them up as somoene wants to buy them. If my ears are the judge, these sound REALLY REALLY GOOD. I'm second guessing my decision to sell them, but since I have a room full of JBL and Klipsh speakers guess I'll sadly let them go to a new home.
 
Back
Top Bottom