Hi all and greeting from Israel
I'm using these Yamaha NS-500M for very long time along with Proton D1200 + AP1000 gear.
I got them years ago at like 200$ and sold my JBL L110 for almost 600$.
The JBL were beautiful too but I think the 500M's bass sounds better with 12" woofers instead of JBL's 10".
I always wanted the NS-1000M but never heard them live and also cannot be found in my country.
I listen mostly to 80's music, modern and SOME hiphop or electronics. I like to play my music LOUD.
Is almost 2000$ for them including shipping, tax etc really worth it?
are they THAT good comparing the 500M?
In this theard someone said the 500M actually sounds really good because of it's carbon fiber woofer instead of paper of the 1000M
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-ns-500m-vs-ns-1000m-the-former-wins.837961/
I can find here JBL L100 Century or L112 in really good condition for about the same price but I'm not sure if it would be such an upgrade.
Is JBL L112 a better speaker than my Yamaha's?
I'm using these Yamaha NS-500M for very long time along with Proton D1200 + AP1000 gear.
I got them years ago at like 200$ and sold my JBL L110 for almost 600$.
The JBL were beautiful too but I think the 500M's bass sounds better with 12" woofers instead of JBL's 10".
I always wanted the NS-1000M but never heard them live and also cannot be found in my country.
I listen mostly to 80's music, modern and SOME hiphop or electronics. I like to play my music LOUD.
Is almost 2000$ for them including shipping, tax etc really worth it?
are they THAT good comparing the 500M?
In this theard someone said the 500M actually sounds really good because of it's carbon fiber woofer instead of paper of the 1000M
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-ns-500m-vs-ns-1000m-the-former-wins.837961/
I can find here JBL L100 Century or L112 in really good condition for about the same price but I'm not sure if it would be such an upgrade.
Is JBL L112 a better speaker than my Yamaha's?
