• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha RX-V1 vs RX-Z1

MVB

New Member
Any thoughts on the Yamaha RX-V1 vs RX-Z1. A local person on CL has both for sale and I am considering buying one. I have read some of the differences in feature. Any thoughts on those. Also is the build quality fairly similar or was there much change in production from the one model to the next? Thanks for any thoughts.
 
Register to hide this ad
They weigh the same which would imply construction is almost identical. From what I gathered by reading comments on forums, the added features on the Z1 were not earth shattering. They might have seemed like a big deal at the time to someone trying to keep up with the latest and greatest but compared to modern units they are essential the same.

The biggest differences seem to be the Z1 remote and a change in esthetics. I actually much prefer the look of the V1 but I would recommend deciding based on the one you prefer the look of, whichever remote you prefer, which one is in better shape and which one you can get the lowest price on.
 
Probably not a huge difference between them. If they are both in comparable in cosmetic condition, I would go with the cheaper one.
 
Back
Top Bottom