• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha S301 (and series)

meinl

New Member
So I saw that there was a large thread on the new(er) series of Yamaha amps from last year. (Good reading) but for the most part the S301 was left out. (And I know some of you bought them :D )

From what I can tell people like this series of amps a lot for the price. I was wondering for those of you who have the S301 how do they sound?

I am also wondering how they stack compared to the other amps in the series. Is there much of difference (with exception of greater wattage?).

The main difference I have seen in the different amps is that the S801 has the dedicated DAC. How good is the DAC in the unit. Would it be better say than a Maverick Tube Magic D1 or a Emotiva XDA-2. (I picked these as they seem popular on AK from my slight digging).
 
Register to hide this ad
Bump. Interested as well. I see quite a few used a-s301s on the Japanese sites, almost no 501s. Been saving up for a 501, but if a 301 is just as good but with fewer maximum watts, might go used.
 
Back
Top Bottom