• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha SPS500 Stands Project - Screw Caps?

avantbored

Active Member
Friends,

My girlfriend's dad and I are preparing to build the SPS-500 stands. Plans drawn!

We are looking to source caps for the bolts that will join the boards together. Preferably, I'd like them to be flat, rather than rounded (like these), but I can see why these would be preferable (i.e., I could get a better grip when I want to reposition the center board).

Any sources you DIYers like to use?

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I counter sink the bolt or screw and then use a dowel and a Japanese saw to cut the dowel plug flush to the rest of the wood. Just make the hole deep enough for the head of the fastener and leave enough for it to hold the pieces together, screws work better than bolts as they have a lower head profile.

Athanasios
 
I counter sink the bolt or screw and then use a dowel and a Japanese saw to cut the dowel plug flush to the rest of the wood. Just make the hole deep enough for the head of the fastener and leave enough for it to hold the pieces together, screws work better than bolts as they have a lower head profile.

Athanasios
Sounds great!

Did you build yours with the ability to reposition the center board? I am no handy person, but by your description, it kind of sounds like a difficult time removing the dowel in order to loosen the screw/bolt to reposition the board?
 
Back
Top Bottom