• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha System

Actually the B-2 is smaller than the M-2 ,but heavier by 11 lbs.
 
When I say my B-2 is larger than M2 - I meant width and length, in addition to weight. My B-2 measures 17" wide and 14.5" deep. My M2 measures 17" wide and 12.5" deep. I listened to the B-2 for about an hour last evening - first impression was very good. I'll hook the Yamaha speakers up this weekend and see how they sound with the B-2.
 
I've gone back and forth a few times between my M-2 and B-2. They both sound great but the B-2 tends to get the most time. Sweet sounding amp!
 
I'm not certain when i'll compare the 8550 to the B-2. Right now, just enjoying the B-2. I'm quite impressed with how it performs driving my Sony speakers. One point I noticed this evening is my B-2 doesn't seem to run nearly as warm as my 8550. Is it common for the B-2s to run cool? I've been listening at low volumes, so not pushing it at all.
 
I'm not certain when i'll compare the 8550 to the B-2. Right now, just enjoying the B-2. I'm quite impressed with how it performs driving my Sony speakers. One point I noticed this evening is my B-2 doesn't seem to run nearly as warm as my 8550. Is it common for the B-2s to run cool? I've been listening at low volumes, so not pushing it at all.

When bias is set at 40mv per SM mine also runs quite cool. Some increase bias to 50-70mv where they run much warmer. My amps sounds best at 40mv so that's where it is going to stay.
 
Back
Top Bottom