• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha T-1 and T-2 Tunners just arrived !

Nashou66

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I just got two Yamaha tuners delivers today. Both have some scuffs etc and lamps out and the T-2 seller said the station display is out. Still warming to room temp before I plug them in to see whats up. More projects to keep off the streets ;)

Both together cost about $ 220 shipped :D

I hear the T-2 is a killer tuner . Hope it can pull in some Canadian stations I like, like CFNY 102.1 Toronto.

25714007940_a5a33b94bc_b.jpg

25919626821_02161891ab_h.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Congratulations on the Yamaha tuners. I own two T-2s, one from new. Performance is outstanding with a good antenna. You need to get the owners manual so you understand the functions of the push buttons. It also has the schmatic.
Change all the lamps when you are in there. I cut,solder and use shrink tubing instead of dealing with the wires that are wrapped in a tight area.
The tuner is 35+ years old. The buttons need a good cleaning from the inside. A little disassembly is needed for access.
With a little luck the display might come back to life. Depending on the button position, it will count when the dial is turned or light when the station is tuned.
Many threads in the AK tuner forum from other T-2 owners. Maybe ask to have this moved there.
Best of luck------many hours of listening ahead!
Jimmy
 
T-2 is a beast of a tuner, although the digital display is a bit funky to set-up if it isn't on-frequency. Entirely worth the effort.
 
Thanks guys , I have two A-1's and wanted something to go with them . I was browsing the tuner forum the other day and the T-85 thread got me searching . Hopefully these will end up being good performers with little help from me and my solder iron ;)

Athanasios
 
Along with a good tuner, you need a good antenna system esp for distant stations like receiving CFNY from your area.
One of my favourites is Giant-FM(91.7), from St Catherines, I receive it from my area (Georgina,Ont). I use a old deep fringe LPA, rotor with an amp on the top of the mast. A good antenna system allows the most out of a good tuner. The GTA area is blessed with a lot of great FM stations.
 
Back
Top Bottom