• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha T-2 for 1499 Euros/$1958.29 anyone?

Nick_G

Well-Known Member
Audio Extasa have a Yamaha T-2 FM tuner for sale at 1499 Euros, or $1958.29:

http://www.audio-extasa.eu/yamaha-t2-stereoukwtuner-p-721.html?language=en

I thought $800 a couple of years ago was pricey enough. Oh, and this is before VAT, which I think is 20%!

The bit that made me laugh is this bit of blurb:

"Condition: Technically: working perfectly, optically: with a few scratches on the upper side of the housing (therefore inexpensive)."

This has got to be a mistake though as they also have a Wega Lab Zero tuner in similar condition for 1279 Euros, less than the T-2.

I'd love to know how they work out their prices.

Regards,
Nick
 
Register to hide this ad
No deal. I'll spend money on a Sansui TU-9900 because it looks so good. For great audio, any tubed Fisher will do.
 
I think they read all the positive things Nick has posted about the T-2 and priced accordingly :-). I haven't seen one under $350 on Ebay.
 
LOL I do wonder if they have been reading the forums.

It is true though, I think only a serious mega-buck classic would beat it for sound quality. It just sounds more alive and vivid than any other tuner I've tried. This is with pretty basic equipment too, nothing fancy, as I'm an audiophile on a budget. A guy who runs a classic hi-fi website thinks it might be a better tuner than the CT-7000, and he's not the only one who has told me this.

Still, Audio Extasa need to knock several hundred Euros off that list price! If not, it'll be sitting there a long time.

Regards,
Nick
 
Alas the Arlington MA seller will not ship. Too bad, sounds like it has some good modifications.
 
Back
Top Bottom