• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha "vintage" CD Player

jtpzenith

New Member
I am looking for what might be called a "flagship" Yamaha single disk CD player possibly from the late 80s. One possiblity may be the CDX-1100U. I have a photo of the inside of one and it looks like a lot of effort went into the analog (output) section.

Is the CDX-1100U a good one to be going after or is there a better one? Any comments wecomed !! Thanks !!
 
Register to hide this ad
That would be one possibility.
I would say that the early cdplayers, especially the TOTL models, were much more robustly constructed than today's units, BUT, today's units are much improved all around than those first generation players.
Cdplayers, being a digital thing, are one piece of gear that isn't always 'better' in a vintage piece.
I've got 9, 10, 11 or so, and a couple portables, and with cd's, I have not really heard anything to jump and shout hosana's about.

Old cranky pete
 
Back
Top Bottom